Family Systems Practice Using the Nurtured Heart Approach
Tuesday, November 7 -
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- 12:00 PM
ONLINE LIVE SEMESTER COURSE
(6)Tuesdays, Nov 7th - Dec 12th, 2017
10am-12pm EST/9-11am CST/7-9am PST
The Nurtured Heart Approach® builds relationship and connection teaching parents, professionals and educators to use with children resulting in positive outcomes. Since its inception, it has evolved to building relationships in other domains. Family Systems theory teaches the importance of viewing and treating the family as a whole and not in isolation from one another. We are interdependent and interconnected. This semester course demonstrates how to strengthen and nurture all the connections within the family starting from: exploring caregivers’ individual needs and where they are in the change process; their needs as a couple; the family unit; to equipping siblings with an enriched way of dealing with their relationships among one another.
This semester course includes:
- Review of family systems theory and application
- The cycle of change and the crucial need to help caregivers understand where they are in this process
- A weave of the Nurtured Heart ApproachÂ® in a step-by-step methodology within the family system
- Practical interventions and resources
- Cite the importance of understanding the interconnected and interdependent concepts with the family system
- Explain the cycle of change and why it is key to understanding caregivers’ process as it relates to moving to the next level of success in treatment
- Cite three ways to work with families when intervening with the Nurtured Heart Approach®
Who Is This Course For?
- Mental Health professionals and social workers already trained or knowledgeable in the basic concepts of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Professionals working with children and families in wraparound/in homes and communities and outpatient therapeutic services
- NOTE: This training requires a basic understanding and experience in the practice of the Nurtured Heart Approach®.
"The Nurtured Heart Approach® continues to expand across disciplines and its utility is evolving in amazing ways. Having worked on the inaugural and second Global Summit, I had the privilege to read hundreds of proposals demonstrating the diversity and power of the approach. Weaving the approach into other interventions is like adding Miracle Grow in the garden of humanity. This course empowers you to create deeper social and emotional relationships within family systems." ~sherry blair
Increase your knowledge and skills to deepen your Nurture Heart Family Practice. We have lots to share!
Last Updated: 10/17/17