Neptune Township Police Department
We are looking to hire three officers for the Neptune Township Police Department. If you know anyone please have them put in an application.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Township Committee anticipates the hiring of Police Officers in the Neptune Township Police Department. The starting salary for this position is $40,000.00. Applicants can access an application on our website www.neptunetownship.org.
Applicants shall meet the following qualifications in order to apply:
- Must be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States;
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Shall have graduated from high school or possess a General Equivalency Degree (GED);
- Shall possess an associate’s degree or sixty college/university credits from an accredited college/university or be honorably discharged from active duty service in any branch of the U.S. Military;
- Ability to perform all the tasks and duties of a Police Officer;
- Possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License;
- No indictable criminal history conviction and of good moral character; and
- Shall have successfully passed the police officer’s entry-level written and physical examination administered by the New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police and currently on a valid active list.
- This requirement may be waived if candidate successfully completed a NJ Police Training Commission (PTC) approved basic training course for police officers or has successfully completed a PTC approved training course for Special Law Enforcement Officer Class II (SLEO II) at the Monmouth County Police Academy, and is eligible for a waiver of training under PTC guidelines.
Any person wishing to be considered for this appointment should submit an application and other appropriate documentation to Stephanie Oppegaard, Human Resources, PO Box 1125, Neptune, NJ 07754-1125, by 4:00 pm on Friday, April 13, 2018. Dated: April 4, 2018