Emergency Food and Shelter Funding
Monmouth County has been awarded $260,895 in federal funds for Phase 40 of the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP).
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
- be private voluntary non-profits or units of government
- be eligible to receive Federal funds
- have an accounting system
- practice nondiscrimination
- have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
- have a voluntary board if they are a private voluntary organization
Qualifying agencies are urged to apply!
Public or private voluntary agencies interested in applying for Phase 40 funds must contact Jennifer Hakim of United Way of Monmouth and Ocean Counties at [email protected] or 848-206-2044 for an application.
The deadline to submit an application for Monmouth County is Wednesday, April 12, 2023 by 4:00 PM.
Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be sent back for corrections or completions.
It is strongly suggested to read through the Manual of Requirements prior to completing your application.
For more information or to request an application, please contact Jennifer Hakim at [email protected] or 848-206-2044.
Please pass on this information to other organizations that may be interested!