Healing Girl Summer: A Body Image Group for Teen Girls
Monday, June 12, 2023
- 6:00 PM
West Long Branch
Between the influence of social media, diet culture, and pressures that thinness = worthy of love, our youth is in an extra fragile era. What else do we know? Prevention & proactivity are key to helping teens develop kindness and compassion towards themselves, instilling the belief that all bodies are worthy bodies, and learning tools to navigate the difficult feelings that come with body image struggles. This group provides a safe space to do just that.
- Understand what influences positive and negative body image
- Learn about the origin of diet culture and how it negatively impacts our perception of self
- Explore connections between hormones and the body
- Explore the myths about health that perpetuate the cycle of self-esteem issues among girls and women
- Challenge negative beliefs about oneself
- Recognize the role that shame and guilt play in self-image
Meeting bi-weekly Mondays @ 5pm. 8-week commitment required, In network with most major insurances. Visit our website at www.wholeheartedhc.org to fill out a New Client Form to get started!
Behavioral / Mental Health
Last Updated: 06/01/23