Rapid Psychotherapy & Consulting Services, LLC/ (RIHC) Rapid In-Home Counseling
Rapid In-Home Counseling (RIHC)
Rapid In-Home Counseling (RIHC) is a short-term, Needs-Based program that addresses any emotional and/or behavioral issues of a Child/Youth and their family. RIHC services take place within the comfort of the home or an agreed-upon location. The services are typically two hours per week, and provided by a licensed clinician, also known as IIC. Throughout the RIHC program, the Nurtured Heart Method is embraced.
The goal of RIHC is to join with the Child/Youth and their family members to improve and develop appropriate solutions for family dynamics and other interactions inside the home as well as in the community. The process focuses on reducing ineffective behaviors by identifying and building strengths in the youth, and teaching coping skills that will enhance functional adjustment to their social environment.
BENEFITS OF RIHC:
- Decreases the need for higher intensity behavioral health or substance use treatment
- Decreases the probability of inpatient hospitalization or out of home treatment
- Aids the youth in his/her transition from any out-of-home counseling so that the individual is able to integrate back into the community
THE RIHC PROCESS:
The intervention process is tailored to each individual’s Needs and Values. Skill development topics include:
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Coping mechanisms
- How and when to set limits
- Emotional regulation skills
- Stress management
- Problem–solving skills
- How to enhance self-fulfillment
Our Licensed Clinicians and IIC will provide a Bio-Psychosocial / Needs Assessment which is a comprehensive psychosocial evaluation of the child and family that will help identify strengths, needs, challenges, and goals.
Bilingual/ (Spanish), multicultural clinicians available
Last Updated: 12/20/17