Mission: As a caring community, Lunch Break freely provides food, clothing, life skills and fellowship to those in need in Monmouth County and beyond. Vision: We strive to break the cycle of poverty for those we serve and guide our community members in need to self-sufficiency and healthier, more productive lifestyles. Values: We serve everyone with compassion and dignity.
Open to Monmouth and Ocean County residents
- Food Security (Soup Kitchen & Food Pantry)
- Clothing Assistance
- Male Mentorship Program (for youth 3rd-12th graders)
- Womyn’s Worth Mentoring Program
- Kid’s Cooking Class (ages 5-12)
- Employment Services (Life Skils Program)
Basic Eligibility: (Client Choice Pantry & Clara’s Closet)
- Proof of ID
- Income Verification
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Household size
Basic Required Documentation
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of household size
Hours of operation
Client Choice Pantry hours:
- Monday: A-D/ W-Z: 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. (Last sign-up at 2:45 p.m.)
- Tuesday: E-I/ O-R: 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. (Last sign-up at 2: 45 p.m.)
- Wednesday: J- N/ S- V: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Last sign-up at 5:45 p.m.)
- Thursday: O-R/ E- I: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Last sign-up at 2:45 p.m.)
- Friday: S-V/ J-N: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Last sign-up at 2:45 p.m.)
- Saturday: W-Z/ A-D: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Last sign-up at 11:45
- Monday-Friday Hot lunches served, 11:00 am-1: 00 pm
- Saturday Hot breakfast served, 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Bag lunches distributed, 11:00 am-12:00 pm
(Bagged lunches are donated by St. Leo’s the Great in Lincroft)
- Monday – Saturday Homebound meals delivered (Pre-registration required, Red Bank Area only)
- Thanksgiving: Dinner served
- Christmas: Brunch served
Clara’s Closet provides new/gently used clothing for women, men and children.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Last sign-up at 2:45 p.m.)
Wednesday: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. (Last sign-up at 4:45 p.m.)
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Last sign-up at 11:45 a.m.)
Suited for Success
Provides business and special occasion attire.
By appointment only. To make an appointment please call 732-747-8577, x3021.
- Children’s Cooking Class, 4-5 week session, Wednesdays 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (advance registration required)
- Boys and Girls Club Dinner and Movie, 4th Thursday of each month 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Community Dinner Night 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Friday of each month 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Community Social & Health Services Partnership Series 2nd Thursday and 4th Tuesday of each month 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Annual Seasonal Programs
- Back to School
backpacks and school supplies program; registration occurs June – July. Pre-registration requirements: Proof of address, proof of ID & original birth certificate.
- Holiday Toy Program (formerly Adopt-a-Family)
new toys and clothing program for Christmas; registration occurs Oct 10-29. Pre-registration requirements: Proof of address, proof of ID, original birth certificate and school registration.
- Holiday Senior Luncheon
Registration to attend is MANDATORY. Must be 60 and over to participate. One form of documentation is needed to show proof of ID and Age. Registration: November 9-30.
Advocacy, screenings, Food stamp assistance, legal assistance, and other resources available during lunch hours.
Volunteer opportunities available
- Program Address- 121 Drs James Parker Blvd, Red Bank, NJ 07701
- Program Phone number- 732.747.8577
- Program Fax number- 732.383.8032
- Program Email address- [email protected]
|Eligibility||No criteria is requested for the lunch, breakfast, or clothing. The pantry requires identification with current address.|
Basic Needs / Assistance
Employment / Training
Last Updated: 06/11/19
Responsible for gift entry and acknowledgement of gifts/pledges and reports and query generation. Responsibilities also include training and managing development volunteers in the use of the donor database. Assist with special events, direct mailings, and other tasks as assigned.
Sessions are held 2-3 Mondays a month and 1 Saturday a Month