Mission: As a caring community, Lunch Break freely provides food, clothing, life skills and fellowship to those in need in Monmouth County and beyond. Vision: We strive to break the cycle of poverty for those we serve and guide our community members in need to self-sufficiency and healthier, more productive lifestyles. Values: We serve everyone with compassion and dignity.
Open to Monmouth and Ocean County residents
- Food Security (Soup Kitchen & Food Pantry)
- Clothing Assistance
- Male Mentorship Program (for youth 3rd-12th graders)
- Womyn’s Worth Mentoring Program
- Kid’s Cooking Class (ages 5-12)
- Employment Services (Life Skils Program)
Basic Eligibility: (Client Choice Pantry & Clara’s Closet)
- Proof of ID
- Income Verification
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Household size
Basic Required Documentation
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of household size
Hours of operation
Client Choice Pantry hours:
- Monday: A-D/ W-Z: 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. (Last sign-up at 2:45 p.m.)
- Tuesday: E-I/ O-R: 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. (Last sign-up at 2: 45 p.m.)
- Wednesday: J- N/ S- V: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Last sign-up at 5:45 p.m.)
- Thursday: O-R/ E- I: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Last sign-up at 2:45 p.m.)
- Friday: S-V/ J-N: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Last sign-up at 2:45 p.m.)
- Saturday: W-Z/ A-D: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Last sign-up at 11:45
- Monday-Friday Hot lunches served, 11:00 am-1: 00 pm
- Saturday Hot breakfast served, 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Bag lunches distributed, 11:00 am-12:00 pm
(Bagged lunches are donated by St. Leo’s the Great in Lincroft)
- Monday – Saturday Homebound meals delivered (Pre-registration required, Red Bank Area only)
- Thanksgiving: Dinner served
- Christmas: Brunch served
Clara’s Closet provides new/gently used clothing for women, men and children.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (Last sign-up at 2:45 p.m.)
Wednesday: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. (Last sign-up at 4:45 p.m.)
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Last sign-up at 11:45 a.m.)
Suited for Success
Provides business and special occasion attire.
By appointment only. To make an appointment please call 732-747-8577, x3021.
- Children’s Cooking Class, 4-5 week session, Wednesdays 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (advance registration required)
- Boys and Girls Club Dinner and Movie, 4th Thursday of each month 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Community Dinner Night 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Friday of each month 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Community Social & Health Services Partnership Series 2nd Thursday and 4th Tuesday of each month 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Annual Seasonal Programs
- Back to School
backpacks and school supplies program; registration occurs June – July. Pre-registration requirements: Proof of address, proof of ID & original birth certificate.
- Holiday Toy Program (formerly Adopt-a-Family)
new toys and clothing program for Christmas; registration occurs Oct 10-29. Pre-registration requirements: Proof of address, proof of ID, original birth certificate and school registration.
- Holiday Senior Luncheon
Registration to attend is MANDATORY. Must be 60 and over to participate. One form of documentation is needed to show proof of ID and Age. Registration: November 9-30.
Advocacy, screenings, Food stamp assistance, legal assistance, and other resources available during lunch hours.
Volunteer opportunities available
- Program Address- 121 Drs James Parker Blvd, Red Bank, NJ 07701
- Program Phone number- 732.747.8577
- Program Fax number- 732.383.8032
- Program Email address- [email protected]
|Eligibility||No criteria is requested for the lunch, breakfast, or clothing. The pantry requires identification with current address.|
Basic Needs / Assistance
Employment / Training
|Language / Culture||
Last Updated: 10/09/18
Tower Hill will be holding its 23rd Annual Manna Game to benefit Lunch Break on Thursday, July 26th at the Youth Center in Fair Have, at 6:00 pm. Admission to the game is non-perishable items or school supplies.
Registration required! Get ready for school now! K-grade 12.
Students learn about kitchen safety, sanitation, cooking methods, knife skills, proper measurements & kitchen tool identification.