EZ-Ride Flex T Mobility
?Many people with disabilities need special transportation. Lack of special transportation resources limits their access to work, health care, independent living, and enjoyment of life. EZ Ride Partners with public and private organizations to provide these services and is an approved transportation provider for the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities.
Safety is paramount at EZ Ride. Our drivers go through an extensive background check and regular training. Our vehicles are equipped with tablets, providing GPS services for drivers and Mobile Data Terminals (MDTs) to ensure we can maintain contact and track performance at all times, and our in-vehicle cameras help record any accidents or incidents.
Our clients demand reliability. EZ Ride delivers it with newer vehicles that you can easily identify with the EZ Ride logo, regular maintenance, and updates on services affected by weather and traffic patterns. We maintain a 20 percent reserve of vehicles to ensure availability in an emergency and replace vehicles after every 3-5 years.
EZ Ride partners with public and private organizations to access funds and lower costs for the rider. Organizations like New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT), NJ Transit, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority (NJTPA) and the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PANYNJ) serve on our board.
Flex-T is a membership-based program. Riders fill up a registration form and establish a transportation account using a credit or debit card. Once that’s setup, rides can be scheduled in advance. It’s as easy to register, reserve, and ride.
All fees and charges are collected in advance from your credit/debit card by charging $50 to fund your account; fees will be deducted from the available balance, and additional money will be debited from your card when the account balance drops to $25. Money is never exchanged between riders and drivers.
You will receive a monthly statement of all rides and their cost.
To confirm service availability in your area email [email protected] or call (732)380-1299 in Monmouth and (201)939-4242 Extension 140 for Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Passaic and Union Counties.
- Print out the registration form
- Debit Card or Credit Card from Master Card or Visa Required.
- Complete the form and mail to:
EZ Ride, 144 Park Place East, Wood-Ridge, NJ 07075
- Rides are available from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday
- Reserve your ride at least 48 hours in advance by calling (732) 380-1299 in Monmouth County and (201) 939-4242 Option 140 for all other areas.
- You must be ready for your ride five minutes ahead of schedule
- Drivers are not permitted to wait past your scheduled pickup time as they may have other passengers to pick up.
- Riders should be able to meet the driver at the car – small assistive devices, such as a walker, can be accommodated.
- Late cancellations & No-Show Policy:
Late cancellations: You will not be charged a fee if the ride is canceled by 3 pm of the last business day before the ride. However, if you cancel the ride on the day of the trip, you will be billed the full trip cost.
No Show: If you do not cancel the trip and you do not show up when the driver arrives for the pickup, you will be billed $2 in addition to the full trip cost.
What does it Cost?
Here’s what you pay:
- Non-refundable Membership Fee is $15 per year
- Ride charges are $2.40 per mile
|Eligibility||Flex-T is a membership-based program. Riders fill up a registration form and establish a transportation account using a credit or debit card. Once that's setup, rides can be scheduled in advance. It's as easy to register, reserve, and ride.|
Basic Needs / Assistance
Last Updated: 10/09/19