New Asbury Park Covid-19 Vaccine Distribution Center and NJ Covid-19 Vaccine Information
City Council is pleased to announce the Visiting Nurses Association of Central Jersey (VNA) will be using the Asbury Park Senior Center, located at 1200 Springwood Avenue, as an additional Covid-19 vaccination distribution center beginning Monday, 1/18/21. Currently, the VNA is distributing vaccines at their location at 1301 Main Street in Asbury Park.
For these VNA locations in Asbury Park, walk-ins will not be accepted and all vaccines will be administered by appointment only. To make an appointment, visit www.vnachc.org
In the State of New Jersey, as of 1/14/21, the following groups are currently eligible to make a Covid-19 vaccine appointment:
- Paid or unpaid persons working or volunteering in a healthcare setting
- Residents of long-term care facilities and other congregate settings
- Frontline first responders
- Persons aged 65 and older
- Persons aged 16 to 64 years old who have at least one chronic medical condition that poses high-risk for severe COVID-19 (for full details, visit www.covid19.nj.gov/vaccine)
If you are a New Jersey resident and eligible to receive a vaccine, there are generally three ways to get vaccinated:
1. You can make an appointment directly with one of the many designated vaccination sites across the state, such as the VNA. https://covid19.nj.gov/.../covid-19-vaccine-locations-for...
2. You can pre-register for the vaccine on the NJ Vaccine Scheduling System and you will be notified when an appointment is available to you. https://covidvaccine.nj.gov/
3. Select healthcare facilities, including many hospitals, are offering vaccines to directly to their workers. If you work at one of the facilities, you can contact your employer to learn if the vaccine is available to you from your employer.
For more information on the Covid-19 vaccination, and to pre-register through the NJ Vaccine Scheduling System, visit www.covid19.nj.gov/vaccine