NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Expressive Arts Mental Health Poetry Contest 2019
It's time once again to put pen to paper and draft some poetry for our Annual NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Expressive Arts Mental Health Poetry Contest!
There are many definitions of flying in Webster's Dictionary. Our host, Jacquese Armstrong, chose "moving or capable of moving in the air" as the basis for the challenge for this year's poetry contest.
Jumping or free-falling from a mountain and sprouting wings has been seen as the equivalent of freedom in many literary works. In any case, the cliff represents being on the precipice of a new journey. These statements form the basis for our host's take on flying in her poem "for those of us with unclipped wings. " What's yours?
- * Poem should be in keeping with the theme.
- * Poem must be typewritten. If sent electronically, please do not send PDF files.
- * Poem should be no longer than 40 lines.
- * Please fill out a media release form to accompany your entry.
- * Provide a cover letter that includes your name, e-mail (if available), mailing address and phone number.
- * Contest submission deadline is April 1, 2019.
So get those pens and computers ready! Mail your typed entries to:
- NAMI NJ Poetry Contest
- 1562 Route 130
- North Brunswick, NJ 08902
Or email your entry with the signed media release form (or a scanned copy) to [email protected]
April is the National Poetry Month and May is Mental Health Awareness Month. NAMI New Jersey inaugurated the Annual NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Expressive Arts Mental Health Poetry Contest in April 2014 with an enthusiastic response from our community.