Legacy Treatment Services Job Opening
LEGACY TREATMENT SERVICES
JOB OPENING January 30, 2018
POSITION: Peer Case Manager
PROGRAM: Involuntary Outpatient Commitment Program
LOCATION: Monmouth and Middlesex Counties
EDUCATION/ High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year of experience TRAINING: required. Certified Recovery Support Practitioner (CRSP) preferred. Must have life experience.
- Responsible for peer community support service provision including working in collaboration with the service team in the development, implementation, monitoring, and updating of the court-ordered plan; therapeutic rehabilitative skill development; and, illness management and recovery.
- Assists consumers with community integration, goal setting, and wellness planning.
- Delivers age and culturally appropriate services to program consumers.
- Provides supportive peer counseling to adults prior to hospital discharge and within the IOC program. Demonstrates knowledge of mental illness, substance abuse and the services available to serve those populations within Monmouth and Middlesex Counties.
- Candidate must have the ability as a survivor of mental illness to provide to other consumers their unique experiences and serve as a role model.
- Maintains treatment records as per agency and DMHAS licensing standards.
- Utilizes CPI, CPR, and First Aid techniques as needed. T
- The individual demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the consumer population served. He or she must be able to assess and interpret data about the consumer’s status in order to identify each consumer’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age-related care, needed by the consumer group.
- Knowledgeable of WRAP theory and process.
HOURS: Full Time; Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
SUPERVISOR: Sheila Priolo, IOC Monmouth/Middlesex Program Director
POSITION OPEN: Immediately
All applicants interested in applying for an open position must do so in the form of a letter of interest within 7 days of the posting date. The letter of interest must be forwarded to Human Resources to [email protected]