FBSANJ Announces Opportunity to Join its Board of Trustees
FBSANJ has the opportunity for a motivated individual to join the Board of Trustees (Volunteer Position, 3 year term)
FBSANJ is the Family Support Organization (FSO) of Monmouth County and is a system partner with the New Jersey Children’s System of Care (NJCSOC); a system of care that focuses on family strength and utilization of community resources. We are a family-led and community based agency whose mission is to provide support, education and advocacy to families and caregivers of children with emotional, behavioral, mental health, developmental delays and substance abuse challenges. We are a private, 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization.
Benefits of Board Membership:
- Opportunity to have real impact on the quality of life for families in Monmouth County;
- Satisfaction and sense of accomplishment helping others;
- Opportunity to learn new skills, increase community connections; and
- Meet and develop friendships with others having a common interest;
Responsibilities of each board member:
- · Attend a minimum of 90% of FBSANJ board meetings (4-5 in person, 1-2 on the phone). The calendar is set for the entire year in December, meetings are held Thursday evenings;
- · Promote the mission of FBSANJ in the public sphere, at community meetings, with friends and acquaintances;
- · Participate in at least one public activity of FBSANJ during the course of the year;
- · Help recruit volunteers for the organization;
- · Help with one fundraising activity. Events are developed by board consensus;
- · Participate in FBSANJ and Family Support Organizations (state-wide) advocacy efforts;
- · Connect families that may require help from services provided by FBSANJ;
- · Participate in financial oversight and review financial reports submitted to the board; and
- · Review and give feedback regarding any documents shared with board members.
- · Family member of and/or passion for helping families with special needs children/youth;
- · Interest and willingness to follow through with board activities; and
- · Experience with financial oversight, fundraising experience, employment/management is a plus, but not required
This is a volunteer position, please contact [email protected] for application and further information about this opportunity.