Mental Health First Aid - Shrewsbury
- 1:30 PM
This event has already occurred!
Mental Health First Aid Training from 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM on Monday, October 15 AND Monday October 22 at The Mental Health Association Of Monmouth County Office - 119 Avenue at the Common, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Partticipants must pre-register and attend BOTH sessions.
The cost to participants is $50 per person
This course is a $175 value, and is being underwritten in part by grant from the County of Monmouth.
What You Learn
• Participants in a Mental Health First Aid course discuss signs and symptoms
• Risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems.
• Information on depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, and addiction disorders.
• A 5-step action plan to help someone developing a mental health problem or in crisis.
• Where to turn for help — professional, peer, and self-help resources.
4 Reasons to Become a Mental Health First Aider
• Be prepared—When a mental health crisis happens, know what to do
• You can help—People with mental illnesses often suffer alone
• Mental illnesses are common—1 in 5 adults in any given year
• You care—Be there for a friend, family member, or colleague
Mental Health First Aid
two mornings -9:00 AM -1:30 PM
(must attend both)
Monday, October 15 & Monday, October 22
Mental Health Association Of Monmouth County
119 Avenue at the Common
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Register online at:
Behavioral / Mental Health
Last Updated: 10/05/18