FBSANJ Announces Monthly Cooking and Food Education classes!
Friday, August 9, 2019
We often forget that we have families and youth who need information regarding healthy food choices, stretching food dollars and gathering information about cooking techniques, stocking a kitchen pantry and making a menu plan. Family Based Services, in partnership with Rachel Tansey, from the Rutgers Cooperative Extension Service in Monmouth County, Therese Hendrickson Family Advocate, and Shatiya Whitley Monmouth County Youth Partnership Coach, will be offering FREE hands-on food education classes from 6- 8:30pm on April 9, May 14, June 11, July 9 and August 13.
These FREE classes are geared toward parents/caregivers with their teens.
Space is limited and everyone must be registered, no walk-ins.
Please call Cinaida at 732-542-4502 to register.
- April 9: Introduction, general nutrition and making SMOOTHIES. All participants will make and share their smoothies with the group
- May 14: Couponing, stretching your food dollars and MAKING LOADED BAKED or SMASHED potatoes
- June 11: Sources of protein and hands-on CROCK POT (SLOW COOKER) cooking
- July 9: Sugars, carbohydrates, and energy for your body and DESSERT MAKING
- August 13: Family meal planning and CREATING A POT LUCK DINNER
*these are the tentatively planned programs, menus may change due to food availability*
In Preparation for our program check out the article below:
Last Updated: 03/26/19